Monday, August 1, 2011

Bachelorette Men Tell All!

Rather than do a traditional recap, this post will be a little bit of a mish-mosh.

Bloopers:

I LOVE the bloopers. Why can’t ABC show us more of these throughout the season? It’d be much more entertaining than watching Ashley recap her time with each of the men every week. My favorites were:

JP & Ashley’s 1st date – I really enjoyed seeing the “real factor” on this date. I’d much rather see her fall asleep in his arms and their remote difficulties than hear all of the mushy gushy stuff.

Mickey in the wine cellar – Loved this! “My manhood is in my stomach.”

Ashley’s Vaseline by her nightstand – Really could say so many inappropriate things right now, but it’s only Monday, so I’ll keep it classy.

Favorite Guys of the Evening:

William – Here’s my take on William… He screwed up. We all make mistakes. The guys went a little overboard on making William feel like a jackass. In terms of the roast, it was a ROAST. He took it quite literally and ripped into Ashley. Big deal. On the other hand, I didn’t love what he did to Ben C., but c’mon, he was trying to get ahead. Was it the classiest move? No. Did it violate Man Code? Yes. Was it the worst thing anyone has done on this show? Not even close. I think William did a great job defending himself last night and he came off very genuine. He was clearly mortified.

Bottom line here: William made a mistake. But William is hysterical and actually may have a future in comedy. When he said, “Why are we here? Cause none of us can find a girl to date and we’re all single,” I died.

Ryan – I think Ryan really came off great last night. He’s obviously had some intense therapy sessions, watched himself on the show, and realized that he looked like a total ass. I love when people can make fun of themselves and Ryan did, even calling himself spastic. Great word choice! And mentioning that talking about water heaters isn’t very exciting. No kidding! Lucas even chimes in and calls him a “camp counselor,” which I love. Last week, if you told me Ryan was going to be the next Bachelor, I would have hurled. This week, I’ll take it.

Ames – I kind of loved Ames last night. He wasn’t nearly as robotic and seemed genuinely happy for Ashley. I think Ames moved into the “Fan Favorite” category last night… If he doesn’t end up with Jackie, he has a shot at being the next Bachelor. I was very disappointed in Ames’ simple polo shirt though… I live for his fashion faux-paus.

My least favorite guys of the evening:

Nick & Blake – Every season, someone is overly confrontational at the Men/Women Tell All. This season, Nick and Blake were those people. For Blake, he was obviously trying to build up his persona before the Bachelor Pad 2 premiere. For Nick, most definitely trying to secure a spot on Bachelor Pad 3. Since when does he speak? They both seemed like bullies to me.

Bachelor Pad 2 Preview:

The Bachelor Pad 2 preview was epic. I hate that word… It sounds like something a Jersey Shore cast member would say, but it’s true. This show is going to be wild, dramatic and slutty. What more could you ask for? I’m most excited for the Holly, Michael, Blake and Melissa love-triangle. Also, very excited for the Graham and Michelle makeouts… Who wouldn’t want to watch that?

Finally, Ashley comes out and addresses the guys. First off, she looks smokin’. It’s a shame that her face is a few shades lighter than her body. My favorite part of Ashley’s time on stage was her “introduction” to Tim. Tim was a pisser last night. I really wish he had showed up drunk though, can’t lie.

Deanna, Jason and Ali all make an appearance. It’s like Therapy 101 with the past contenstants. Yawn. I have a girl crush on Deanna.

Overall, this Men Tell All was boring. The bloopers should have made up a full hour… Give us more!

1 comment:

  1. William is a turd. He definitely does not have a potential career in comedy.
    If Ryan P is the next Bachelor I will not watch.

    Ok fiiiine, I'll watch but I won't be happy.

    ReplyDelete