Monday, June 27, 2011

Adios Bentley!

Welcome to Hong Kong! First order of business – Who noticed the rapid moving people behind Ashley as she stared up at the skyscrapers? Reminded me of Heroes or something. How Sci-Fi of the producers! Well, as expected, Chris Harrison pops into Ashleys room for a quick catch-up session and to let her know that Bentley is downstairs!

“SHUT UP!” Was that not the most fake “Shut up!” you’ve ever heard? I bet that was Take 16 of the Shut Up. The only thing that I’m grateful for is the fact that they put this Bentley shindig at the beginning of the episode. At least we get it over with.

As expected, Ashley heads down to Bentley’s room, 4315, and lingers outside of the door for a minute or so. Knock, you creeper! He’s going to see your feet. Ashley enters, not before giving Bentley a quick smooch, and the stupidest conversation in history begins. “So, what’s up? Fill me in!” Really? We’re really doing this? So annoying.

The whole scene is just irritating and I was glad when it ended. Adios Bentley! Hope you get plane-sick on the ride home.

Ashley’s first one on one date is with Lucas. Why?! Why would you not choose Blake? He seems so much less psychotic. And he has great teeth. I’m not sure I’ll be able to sit through this date. Lucas scares me.

Okay, I was kind of wrong. Lucas grew on me slightly throughout the date. I don’t like him, but I will stop saying that he reminds me of a serial killer. Let’s get down to brass tacks here – No romance between these two. And Lucas is too Southern for Ashley. Lucas will not be getting on his knee to propose in a few weeks. I think that Ashley was just so relieved to be done with the Bentley situation that she had a good date because she was happy, not because she liked him.

Back at the hotel, shit is about the hit the fan. Partially because Blake and Ryan are livid that they aren’t getting the 1-on-1 date, and partially because I think JP pooped his pants when he realized he was getting a 2nd 1-on-1 date before some guys got their 1st. Either way, shit hits fan.

Time for the group date. Glad ABC planned something as ridiculous as dragon boat racing. If it wasn’t for Ben and Constantines hysterical comments and attire, this date could have put me to sleep. I’m going to take a guess and say that the guys would have much rather make out with Ashley in a hot tub than recruit Chinese people to be on their racing teams. Just a guess!

Constantine and Ben win this date. Their outfits were genius and some of the comments they made… I died. “Sheer pandemonium set in,” or “We’re getting smoked! Like salmon bro!” I would have taken the rose, chopped it in half and given it to both of them. Then I would have drowned Ryan’s giddy ass. Unfortunately, that did not happen.

On to another rooftop party. Ames is all hopped up and ready to seduce Ashley in the elevator. Where the hell did that come from? Someone had some liquid courage going on. This scene is so awkward and nothing close to hot. Their kiss looked painful… Far from the hot, steamy, elevator make-out that I was hoping for. Then Ashley makes out with Ben for a bit. And I really like Ben, but that kiss was just as lame. Stop pecking each other! Ashley gives the rose to Happy Ryan.

JP receives his date card. “Let’s take a peek into our future.” Definitely going to a peep show. Sweet! Damn it… I was wrong, no peep show. Instead we get another adorable and perfect date with Ashley and JP. No cheesy tourist activities, no harassing locals… Just a great dinner date! The night is going smoothly until Ashley wants to drop the Bentley bomb. She creates quite a build-up before breaking the news… I swore she was going to come out of the closet. Instead, she tells JP about the Bentley drama and he handles it like a man. Then they make out and sparks fly all over Hong Kong.

Ashley should probably just propose to JP on this date. Let’s get real. Their chemistry is light years ahead of the others. Is it even appropriate to continue the season like this? It’s kind of cruel.

Cocktail party time! Ashley’s dress is way too over the top for my liking. It’s distracting. She drops the Bentley bomb on the rest of the crew and unlike JP, they all get their panties in a big bundle. I guess I understand. She did lie. But, it’s a show. Chill out guys. Lucas is back to serial killer status, Constantine is pissed that this may interfere with his bromances, and Ames reminds us all that he went to the hospital for Ashley.

Oh wait… I spoke too soon. Ryan is not fazed! His heart didn’t even move a beat. That’s probably because his heartrate is at a consistent 180 resting. The guy is on speed and/or happy pills at all times.

Mickey is the most pissed. It’s partially because Ashley lied, but part of it is because she likes Ryan. The producers cut a lot of their conversation, but apparently the main reason that he left was because of Ryan. I’m torn on this because I understand being frustrated with another guy in the house, but everyone likes different people. I’m sad to see Mickey go, but really, he didn’t bring much to the table. And also, if he hadn’t left on his own, she would have sent him home.

Ashley has another meltdown. Does anyone have the number for Brad Womack’s therapist? I think we’re going to need him from here on out. Ashley needs some help and I don’t think Chris Harrison is cutting it.

Blake gets the boot and I feel bad for him. Blake seemed like a good catch and he didn’t even get a chance! She should have at least kept him over Lucas. At least we’ll see him on the Bachelor Pad!

Only 6 guys left! What do you think? Who are your favorites? Leave some comments!

2 comments:

  1. Still sticking with my Day 1 faves JP & Ben.. They are the only ones I can imagine her being with. The rest can just go away now. And yea, Ames seemed a little tipsy in the elevator haha... at least Ashley went with it, but how awk! I thought it was cool he took her to the roof for the cool view, but he should have waited to kiss her until she saw the view and turned it into a romantic moment!!

    ReplyDelete