Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Good Ol' Hometown Dates!

The Bachelor hometown dates are always a guaranteed good time. There is always at least one good laugh. Let’s look back – Naomi’s bird funeral, the dead animal collection from Kirk’s dad … And now a lesson on embalming. Thank you ABC for never disappointing. Notice that all three of those people got sent home after their hometowns? It’s tough to not attribute their departure to their hometowns, right?

We first get to hear Brad discuss his feelings for about 20 minutes before diving into the hometown dates. Filler.

I have to give it to Chantal. She had a great hometown date. First we get to see her house, which is very impressive for someone her age. Not to mention, the cutest dog ever. I think Boca should have a spin-off. Anyone else? Maybe the Bachelor for doggies?

If you thought Chantal’s house was nice, wait until you see her parents’ house. Holy moly! Her parents seem very normal and non-embarrassing. We’ll probably be seeing her mom again on Bravo’s “Real Housewives of Seattle.” My favorite part of their house was definitely the wine cellar. Sign me up. Although Brad & Mr. O’Brien’s conversation on who came from less was a little retarded, I like their connection and I think Brad was able to see himself as part of the family. Hometown date #1 – Success.

Northwest to Northeast – Time for Maine! Why wouldn’t they go to Chico next? Doesn’t make much sense to fly across the country multiple times… Anyways, I love this little town in Maine! This date made me like Ashley more than I originally did. She seems much more down to earth as a small-town girl. Although, I’m not seeing the love forming between her and Brad. I see friendship, brother sister roughhousing, not passion.

Poutin! I call those bad boys Disco Fries and have had them many late-nights at the Wayne Hills Diner. Next time, I’ll ask for poutin. Ashley’s family seemed very normal and put Brad right at ease. I liked them all, even her sister with the tattooed chest and sleeve. One note – Brad didn’t ask Ashley’s father to marry her. Hmm…


Chico time! I may or may not have been secretly looking for Ryan Atwood in the background of this date. Any other OC fans out there? Oops… just googled that and he’s from Chino. Close enough.

I feel really bad for Shawntel on this date. It’s definitely awkward and weird. But it’s not her fault that this is the business that her family is in. She’s successful and it’s a job. I’m not sure that I would have taken it as far as she did… with the whole embalming process, lying on the table, etc.

Back at her house, things get weirder. Maybe her sisters are adopted? They look nothing like her. Shawntel’s dad couldn’t make this date more uncomfortable unless he was in his undies. There is no reason to have deep conversations about Shawntel moving/taking over the biz in front of all these cameras. Way to ruin your daughters chances at REAL LOVE! For more info on Shawntel’s date, visit www.awkwardmoments.com. Brad didn’t ask for her father’s permission to marry Shawntel, but got it anyways. I’m feeling a huge lack of sparkle on this date. Pack your bags.

Time to meet Little Ricki! The park date was really uncomfortable. Watching Brad try to win over a 5 year old was weird. And can you really blame Ricki for not warming right up to Brad with the cameras up in her business? Makes perfect sense to me.

Ricki’s playroom is adorable. The date gets better back at their house, until Brad refuses to kiss Emily. She wasn’t asking for any below the belt action, just a kiss. Brad is such a prude. Emily couldn’t have said it better – If this works between them, Ricki will always be upstairs. Nice date all in all, but I wish we could have met more of Emily’s family… maybe her parents.

Rose ceremony. Oh dear lord, someone help Chantal. What was she thinking in that dress? And that up do? She gets a rose, but definitely loses in the fashion department. Emily looks phenomenal! Loving that dress.

Shawntel left like a true lady. I couldn’t help but feel really bad for her. I’ll miss her. She was a cutie patootie.

Who are you rooting for now? Leave me some comments!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you didn't mention Chantal's mom's plastic surgery!

    ReplyDelete