Friday, September 16, 2011

Bachelor Pad Finale

I know, it's Friday. And my blog is SO late. I was traveling this week and couldn't even watch the finale until Wednesday! Madness. And so unlike me. I'll keep this short and simple because I think at this point, everyone has forgotten about the show already.

Final Challenge

I disliked the final challenge in Las Vegas. I have to admit - I'm not a fan of these Vegas Show/Broadway competitions that the franchise has been adding into the seasons lately. Whether it be the Lion King or Jabbawockeez, it's just not my cup of tea. Especially being the Bachelor Pad, I'd prefer something ridiculous, raunchy and inappropriate instead.

The only memorable moments during this hour were the Kasey-isms involved. Did anyone else notice the ridiculously lame quotes that he came up with? This guy should write for Hallmark.


Reunion

The reunion was more entertaining than the first hour of competition. Some highlights below:

- I really like Ella but I think she looked prettier without the "Heidi Montag" surgeries. Her lips are enormous... Wonder how the kissing contest would go now...

- I felt really bad for Jackie and Ames. It seems like there is more to the story on his end, but I doubt we'll hear more on that for a while.

- Erica and Melissa looked great. For all of the ripping apart I did on their behalves this season, I'll give them credit now... They cleaned up well!

- Vienna should sue Erica Rose's father because she's still painful to look at.

- Team Jake 100%, even though he's a weiner. It was nice to see Kasey apologize to him though. I do think that Kasey is a genuinely nice guy... I just wish he'd ditch Vienna.


The Proposal

As much as I think that Blake and Holly are somewhat cute, their proposal seemed completely ingeniune. Maybe it was the cameras? Or the ring from Neil Lane? Or the fact that they aired it on national television? It just rubbed me the wrong way.

The fact that Holly and Blake "couldn't" tell Michael beforehand about the proposal is just ludacris. This is where I think they completely failed and my heart broke. There's a fine line between what's reality and television. They definitely should have handled the situation differently.


The Results

I'm very happy that Michael won the money, but I couldn't feel the same way for Holly after the proposal sequence. I'm somewhat surprised that they won and convinced that if Holly wasn't Michael's partner, things would have gone much differently.


Bachelor Ben

As we all knew, Ben F. is the next Bachelor. I think he'll be a good Bachelor, just hoping he doesn't get a little boring. If they cast a solid group of females, the season could be golden... He's a great catch! If the girls are completely normal, we're in for a potential snooze-fest.


Hope you all enjoyed my blog this season! Stay tuned for Bachelor updates throughout the fall!

1 comment:

  1. I also thought it was pretty messed up that Blake and Holly did not tell Michael about their engagement. I think they are so cute together but to do that to Michael was a low blow. She could have at least mentioned it back stage before they came out. And I also think it was ridiculous that Blake wouldn't just apologize to Melissa for leading her on. He may not have said he wanted to be with her romantically, but his actions did. I hate that he always talks in circles and never just come out and say what we all know he is thinking. Here's hoping he treats Holly better than that.

    ReplyDelete